Our Platform contains links to other websites for your convenience and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, in accordance with Section 12 (Your Right to Opt-Out; Object to Processing; Deleting Information).
The Information We Collect.
To provide our Services, and to otherwise conduct our business via the Platform, we rely on information provided by, and collected from, our users. This information consists of the following:
- Personally Identifiable Information. We collect certain information that identifies you as an individual (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information“). The Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include the following:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your phone number; and
- Your email address;
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We also collect technical and device-related information that is not Personally Identifiable Information, but instead identifies or may reasonably be used to identify a particular user device (collectively, “Non-Personally Identifiable Information“). Non-Personally Identifiable Information is typically collected automatically by technical means and, subject to Section 3.4 (Treatment of Combined Information), for purposes of our Platform, consists of the following:
- Device identifiers, such as cookies;
- Device information, such as hardware and software settings;
- IP addresses and log information, such as your device’s name, the type and version of your web browser, and referrer addresses that can function to identify a user device; and
- Tracking information that we, or a third party, may collect.
- Anonymous Information. Our Platform also collects, processes, and/or uses information that does not identify you or your devices, including Personally Identifiable Information that has been made anonymous by: (i) removing identifying fields and aggregating the information with other information so that individual subjects of the information cannot be re-identified, or (ii) anonymizing the information with techniques that remove or modify the identifying data so as to prevent re-identification of the anonymized information (collectively, “Anonymous Information“). Information that meets these criteria might include, for example, demographic information, statistical information (e.g. page views and hit counts), and general tracking information.
- Treatment of Combined Information. If we combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information or Anonymous Information with Personally Identifiable Information, we treat the resulting combination as Personally Identifiable Information.
How We Collect this Information.
We collect the above information through the following means and technologies:
- Contacting IDS. You can contact us via the Site with questions or comments – for example, you can contact us to learn more about our award-winning technologies or to inquire about career opportunities at IDS. In order to communicate with us, you must provide certain Personally Identifiable Information.
- Job Applications and Inquiries. Our Website allows you to submit information associated with a potential application for employment with us, and this information includes Personally Identifiable Information. In addition, we provide functionality that allows you to contact us via our Website, and you will provide Personally Identifiable Information if you choose to use that Website feature. In each instance, we collect the information via online forms that you complete for purposes of submitting your inquiry or notifying us of your interest in employment opportunities.
- Information Provided to Third Parties. As explained further in Section 6.1 (Our Service Providers), we may engage third parties to perform certain services for us or on our behalf. The forms on our Website may be managed by such third parties on our behalf, and we may obtain from the applicable service provider your information that you provide using such forms.
- Newsletters. We may offer newsletters and other content about IDS, our Services, and other issues that we believe may be of interest to you. We will use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide you with this content. You can opt-out of receiving this content, by following the instructions set out in Section 12 (Your Right to Opt-Out; Object to Processing; Deleting Information).
- Beacons and Tags. The Platform may use certain data collection technologies that rely on (i) beacons; (ii) pixel tags and object hyperlinking tags, and (iii) other means to link an object to an Internet address, a remote software application, a remote database, or other remote means of receiving or processing information. We may use these technologies to tell us what parts of our Platform have been visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches that users perform on our Platform. These technologies also enable us to send email messages in a format users can efficiently read, to learn whether these email messages have been opened, and to help ensure, for example, that our messages are of interest to our users. These technologies provide us with Anonymous Information, Non-Personally Identifiable Information and, in certain instances, Personally Identifiable Information.
- Device Identifiers; Logs; IP Addresses. To determine whether your device is supported by our Platform, we may collect certain information about your device and network, including your IP address, your operating system and browser, your device model, information about your use of the Platform, as well as the presence of any software that our Platform may require to operate with your device, or other third party software or mobile apps on your device. We automatically receive and record this information in log files, and this is generally Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Click-Throughs. We may send email messages or display links that use a “click-through URL” linked to our Platform or to another resource. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination website page or other resource. Click-throughs may use and collect Anonymous Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our user communications.
How We Use this Information.
We use the information we collect or process, including Anonymous Information, Non-Personally Identifiable Information, and Personally Identifiable Information, as permitted under Applicable Law, including where the use is based on (i) the consent you provide to us at the point of collection; (ii) performance of our agreement to provide you with the Services; (iii) compliance with our legal obligations; and/or (iv) our Legitimate Interests, as well as a third party’s Legitimate Interests. More specifically, we use the information we collect for some or all of the following:
|Our Uses of the Information||Bases for Our Use|
|To provide you with the Services you request and, specifically, to allow us to send you email with information||
|To respond to your inquiries||
|To consider your submittals and other expressions of interest in connection with our career opportunities||
|To customize your visit to and use of the Platform||
|To determine which of our Services and content (including, if applicable, our newsletter) might interest you and, upon making this determination, to provide you with the associated information||
|To track access to and use of our Platform, and conduct data and other analyses, including anonymization and aggregation of Personally Identifiable Information||
|To perform internal administration, auditing, operation, and troubleshooting for our Platform||
|To engage in the activities specified in Section 6 (How We Share This Information)||
|To evaluate and improve our Platform and our communications, and to develop and test new services and content||
|To comply with Applicable Law||
Note that when determining the bases for our use of your information, we rely on what we consider to be the most appropriate basis, even if there are multiple bases available in connection with our use.
How We Share this Information.
We value your privacy, and we share the information we collect only in the manner set out below.
- Our Service Providers. We engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf, and these may include functions such as maintaining the Platform, collecting information, responding to and sending email or other messages, and other functions useful to our business. In this capacity, we may provide service providers with Personally Identifiable Information, Non-Personally Identifiable Information, and Anonymous Information as applicable. The following are examples:
- We may use analytics service providers to assist us in understanding and using Non-Personally Identifiable Information and other information that we collect via the Site. A service we use in this regard is Google Analytics, and information concerning how Google uses the information is available at https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners, and opt-out options specific to Google Analytics are available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Our Site includes links to third party websites offering services that augment those services offered on our Site. For example, when you submit information in connection with indicating your interest in career opportunities at IDS, our third party service provider collects this information on our behalf, and then compiles and shares this information with us.
- We may use service providers to anonymize and aggregate Personally Identifiable Information in order to generate Anonymous Information.
- We may engage service providers to analyze the interests and attributes of our users and, using techniques based on Anonymous Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, identify others who might share those interests and attributes. We then use this information to reach out to relevant market segments to provide them information concerning the Platform.
We do not permit our service providers to use the information we give them for any purpose other than providing services to us.
- Questions of Harm; Legal Process. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, including law enforcement agencies, attorneys, and private investigator organizations, where it is necessary, or where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary:
- To comply with legal process;
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including the Platform and associated content;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Services;
- To protect the personal safety or property of Platform users or the public, including your personal safety or property (it being understood that we assume no duty to provide, or monitor the need for, such protections); and
- To cooperate with public and government authorities including, where required, authorities outside your jurisdiction.
While you are not able to opt out of this use of information, we will take reasonable steps to limit such use, and disclose only the information we reasonably believe is necessary for the above purposes. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information, we will attempt to notify you within a reasonable amount of time, unless such notification is not permitted.
How We Safeguard the Information We Collect.
We recognize the sensitivity of our users’ Personally Identifiable information and we have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of this Information. Our security systems include physical, technical, and administrative information security controls, and we take commercially reasonable steps to secure and safeguard such Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with Applicable Law.
Our Retention of Data.
We retain Personally Identifiable Information for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we obtained the Personally Identifiable Information and consistent with Applicable Law. We use the following criteria to set our retention periods: (i) the duration of our relationship with you; (ii) the existence of a legal obligation as to the retention period; and (iii) the advisability of retaining the information in light of our legal position (for example, in light of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Accuracy and Minimization of Data.
We take reasonable steps (i) to maintain the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information we process, and (ii) to limit the Personally Identifiable Information that we process to that which is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we obtained the information.
Accessing and Updating Your Information.
If you would like to review, correct, or update the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to request an electronic copy of this Personally Identifiable Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent Applicable Law provides you with this right to data portability) you may make such requests by us as provided in Section 18 (Contact Us).
Your Right to Opt-Out; Object to Processing; Deleting Information.
- Unsubscribing to Email. If you no longer wish to receive email messages from us, you can opt out of this Service by either (i) following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email message, or (ii) contacting us as provided in Section 18 (Contact Us).
- Objections. If you object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, and a request for us to delete this Information is not, in your view, sufficient, please contact us as provided in Section 18 (Contact Us).
- Your “Right to be Forgotten.” If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, upon proper request, we will take the steps set out in the GDPR to erase your Personally Identifiable Information, including information that has may be publicly available via our Platform.
Advisory Regarding Participation by Children and Teens.
Under U.S. Federal Law (as reflected in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT COLLECT OR STORE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM INDIVIDUALS THAT WE KNOW ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13. If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, and concerning online social networking and safety, you should visit the following website: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents.
California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California users who ask about business practices related to disclosing Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. The California “Shine the Light” law further requires us to allow California residents to opt out of certain disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We want your feedback. If you have a suggestions on how we can improve our Services or complaints you would like us to address, please contact us at the address set out in Section 18 (Contact Us). If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Other states may provide similar avenues for lodging complaints. Please check with your state’s consumer protection authority.
If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region. A list of EU data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
- “Anonymous Information“ has the meaning set out in Section 3.3 (Anonymous Information). If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term “Anonymous Information” has the same meaning as information generated by a “pseudonymisation” processes, as that term is defined under the GDPR.
- “Applicable Law” means statutes, regulations, and any other laws that apply to the Website, the Services, or the Platform. For example, if you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term “Applicable Law” includes the GDPR.
- “GDPR” means the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- “Legitimate Interest” means, for purposes of the GDPR, that there is a good reason for the processing your Personally Identifiable Information, and that the processing is carried out in a way that minimizes impacts (if any) on your privacy rights and interests. The term “Legitimate interest” also refers to our use of information in ways that you would reasonably expect, based on your relationship to us. For example, there is a Legitimate Interest in collecting and processing your Personally Identifiable Information: (i) to safeguard our Platform, networks, content, and related information and resources; (ii) to administer and generally conduct our business; and (iii) to prevent fraud.
- “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” has meaning set out in Section 3.2 (Non-Personally Identifiable Information).
- “Personally Identifiable Information” has meaning as set out in Section 3.1 (Personally Identifiable Information). If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term “Personally Identifiable Information” has the same meaning as the term “personal data” under the GDPR.
- Categories of Cookies We May Use. We may use the following categories of cookies on our Website: